Have you ever thought about becoming a Referee or a Touch Judge?
The Auckland Rugby League Referees Association are in need of referees and touch judges for the 2018 season.
The Association offers:
* Full training and ongoing support programmes.
* Supply of referees strip.
* A chance to stay involved in the game and keep fit at the same time.
* The opportunity to meet new people in a friendly environment.
* Game allocations can be made to suit your work and family requirements.
All members or interested members meet EVERY MONDAY night at:
THE SPORTS BAR ALEXANDRA PARK 7.30PM
Postal Address Auckland Rugby League Referees Assn PO Box 112234 Penrose
Get along and see what the Association or being a referee is all about.
Alternatively, you can contact: Alan Caddy: (027) 210 7946
For Administration Queries contact: Secretary - Corey Jull: (027) 2106909
Aims and Objectives
The Auckland Rugby League Referees' Association is committed to the Aims and Objectives which are:-
1. To raise the image and quality of referees and Touch Judges.
2. To increase competency levels across the refereeing and Touch Judging population.
3. To promote a most thorough knowledge, interpretation and application of the current Laws of the game - i.e. both written word and the spirit of the Laws
4. To improve the individual personal and interpersonal skills of Referees.
5. To increase the retention rate of recruits by establishing and promoting a career path for referees and touch judges through the progressive levels of accreditation.
6. To increase the number of recruits to the refereeing ranks by offering a suitable and appropriate education process.
7. To clearly define and develop assessment, coaching and support structures for referees at all levels.
8. To increase the number of quality assessors and course presenters.
9. To provide an on-going practical on-field education for referees and Touch Judges.
10. To foster the concept that refereeing has neither gender nor cultural bias.
11. To assist in the involvement of the greater number of senior Referees in leadership roles in the professional development of referees through in-service courses/programs.
12. To improve and enhance communication between referees at all levels of competition and accreditation.
13. To promote refereeing within the ranks of teachers and past players.
14. To provide appropriate feedback to referees to ensure all are familiar with current Laws and experimental innovations.
15. To develop codes of behaviour, practices and procedures which provide quality standards of Refereeing.
16. To raise general awareness and support for the role of the referee and Touch Judge
17. To act as a vehicle for the fostering/encouragement of research in areas beneficial to refereeing.
18. To allow for the development and a quicker, more efficient dissemination of current refereeing resources and articles.
19. To assist in the development of a National Database of qualified referees at all levels.
20. To act as a medium for the on-going monitoring and assessment of the needs of Referees and Touch judges.